Wednesday 18 March 2009

Day 42-Buddha's Abode

Serendipity, kismet or mere coincidence?

As some of you may have known, I finished part 2 of my tree on Sunday night.

Monday morning came and to my utter delight, so did Mercedes' parcel. There were parts of the parcel which I did not open because they were so beautifully wrapped, I wanted to wait till after I had photographed them for my "Musings" post on "Projects, Musings and Any Other Business" (post will be up by tomorrow)

Anyway, before I went home that day, I diverted to the Popular Bookstore and bought some more Woodcraft construction kit and one of them was this temple:

The temple, when assembled will be 11"Lx11"Wx10"H which is perfect for my tree (13") I thought. I have decided I shall modify the kit slightly to make it into an Indian temple and placed it in the compound of my palace somewhere, with the tree next to it since it is too small for my palace.

So I came home and with pent up excitement, took pictures of Mercedes' parcels,

quickly unwrap the bigger black package and I nearly fell off my chair! For there he is, the most perfectly sized Buddha. I quickly took my tree down and place the Buddha under it and

a perfect fit! Fafa said it looked like I made the tree for him. And then there's the temple I bought for the tree

I know you may not believe this but standing in this position, his head fit snugly against the tree and I did not even have to glue him down, even though the base was uneven with moss. I was carrying the tree up and down and he did not fall off, not once.

Am I making too much out of this? I'll like to think not. I'll like to think he's finally home here with my tree and the temple, thanks to Mercedes.

12 comments:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Kismet! Definitely!
Y'know San, as soon as I saw that little fellow I knew he had to have a home with you! He was just standing there all alone, just one of him. I'm so glad he fits just right. The Indian man whose shop I bought it in looked a bit perplexed when I bought it, probably wondered why I would want such a thing. I'll have to go back there for another lookee...
Yay, you bought the temple, when I saw it on the website I thought you should have it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Mercedes

Tallulah Belle said...

Looks perfect Sans.love how you made the tree. It looks so realistic.

The buddha is just great :-)

The temple looks complicated to build though.

Eva said...

Absolutely great. What a wonderful tree. And look the Buddha!

Daisy said...

Sans
It was divine!

rosanna said...

The Buddha is obviously in the rught place. i've gone and had a lokk at your sister's site of children clothes... How cool, I love the clothes and most of all the children. They are angel fallen from heaven. Beautiful

Sans! said...

Mercedes, I was just going to ask you where you got him. You have read my mind..:D

Thank you so much Jayne, this means a lot to me from an accomplished artisan like you.

Eva, thank you for your compliments (Hand on heart, very touched).

Daisy! DIVINE is exactly the word I am looking for.

Rosanna, Rosanna, I have forwarded your reply to my sisters and they are over the moon! :):) Your words mean alot alot :). The photos are mainly of my nieces and nephew :)

Sans! said...

Oh Jayne, the temple is made of 3D pre-cut plywood. They are supposed to be really easy to fix. Will find out soon cos that should be my next project.

rosanna said...

Hi Susan, there is an award for you at my place.Come and pick it up

Tallulah Belle said...

Hi you

There's another award over on my blog :-)

Sans! said...

Thank you Rosanna & Jayne for the award!

Pubdoll said...

That is a fantastic tree! Really nice work and thanks for the tutorial if I ever want to try myself! (Not likely)
I tried to use real miniature trees in Nora and Helmer's garden, but I gave up because everything went so messy when I gave them water, so now I have just plastic trees.

Sans! said...

This is about 4 months later and I must say the tree does need maintenance. I needed to "plant" fresh moss and sprayed it some more to make it look fresh. I don't think you need to do that if the tree is made with artificial material. I will probably have to do it every 6 months or so.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin